As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Twist, you will be working closely with the eCommerce, Salesforce, Bioinformatics and MES software groups to build and automate systems to deploy and monitor scalable, high-availability systems critical to the success of our business and the future of DNA synthesis on a massive scale. You will have significant impact throughout the company and your passion will be quickly felt and recognized.
- Influence the development of solutions that impact strategic projects/program goals and business results
- Constantly evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions as the industry evolves, and develop standardized best practices
- Maintain domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architectures and best practices
- Resolve highly complex problems using a significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation
Required skills or experience:
- 5 or more years industry experience deploying highly available, rapidly scalable AWS-based computing services
- Hands on experience in implementing and managing Kubernetes, AWS EKS/ECS
- Strong experience with Docker container deployments, Docker images, Docker registry, etc.
- Experience in managing multiple AWS environments and AWS service ecosystem (RDS, S3, EC2, IAM, VPC, Lambda, etc.).
- Authoring automated deployments using Terraform.
- Automated provision/orchestration of AWS resources (e.g. via CloudFormation or other frameworks)
- Experience with Helm/ChartMuseum or other application package managers for Kubernetes
- Experience with cloud-native ecosystem tools and technology stack such as container security, static code vulnerability, service proxies, container network, and service mesh
- Strong experience with Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery CI/CD pipelines and processes as well as tools such as Jenkins. Experience on Drone.io a plus
- Implementation, management and optimization of observability tools and platform for system monitoring, logging, tracing and metrics (e.g. Prometheus, Grafana, Kibana, Sentry, Logz.io, New Relic, Jaeger, etc.)
- Experience in source control in Git
- Experience with containers (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures.
- Working experience with different database engines (Postgres, AWS Aurora, MongoDB, Redis, etc.)
- Deep system-level familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting in Bash. Python knowledge is a plus.
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Driving best practices in cost optimization, security, operations excellence, performance efficiency and reliability in
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Deep understanding of high-performance/distributed computing concepts, software development lifecycle and database and query performance monitoring/tuning
- Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis programmatically
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or AWS SysOps Administrator
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.