As the Assistant Controller you will lead and mentor a fantastic group of Accounting professionals in a fast pace high growth environment. This is a leadership position in the financial organization. You will own all day to day general accounting transactions ensuring US GAAP and SOX 404B compliance. Mentorship of direct reports and key contributors in the group to enhance their skills, performance output and careers to the next level is a key to success in this position. You will problem solve moderate to complex new accounting transactions and classes of transactions as we grow our business documenting and implementing process flows that are scalable and automatable.
What You Will Be Do
- Help build a team of accounting professionals with responsibilities for all day to day accounting transactional accounting including the following: general ledger, invoicing, accounts payable, accounts receivable, stock admin accounting, revenue recognition, and fixed assets.
- Manage the monthly and quarterly financial close activities and hold participants accountable by running a disciplined close process and coordinating activities and analysis with teams across the accounting and finance organization
- Oversee and manage general ledger accounting activities to ensure timely and accurate reporting, including consolidations, intercompany accounting, chart of accounts maintenance, journal entry and reconciliations, flux analysis and supporting schedules
- Drive a continuous improvement approach to develop strategies to improve accounting operations efficiencies, effectiveness, and scalability, including the development and execution of policy, process, and system changes
- Ensure the integrity of the company's accounting system, including chart of accounts set-ups, financial report development and maintenance and interfaces between systems and general ledger
- You will own the balance sheet reconciliation process to ensure no under/over statements occur as well as ensure timely resolution of any reconciling items
- Actively participate in a cross-functional team environment in driving the Finance Systems roadmap, appropriately prioritizing initiatives and helping to ensure automated solutions are implemented timely and effectively
- Effectively build, lead and manage a team, consisting of and leveraging world class tools, processes, and personnel, to deliver against the objectives of the department.
- Partner cross-functionally with IT, Technical Accounting, Tax, Legal, HR and FP&A to execute strategic initiatives.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of internal control structure, including developing, implementing, and maintaining global policies and procedures.
What You Will Bring to the Team
- 13+ years’ experience, currently a Director of Accounting or Assistant Controller
- 10+ years combined audit/assurance experience from a Big 4 public accounting firm and from a public company
- A strong technical accounting background, CPA required
- BS/BA in Accounting
- Public company experience as a manager or above
- SOX 404B leading compliance of cycles as a Manager and above
- +5 years prior experience in Life Science and Biotech
- Ability to problem solve moderate to complex accounting transactions with a proven track record
- Experience in helping drive continuous improvement and SOX processes
- Strong knowledge and understanding of IT general controls, application controls and how they relate to business processes
- Strong executive presence in leading groups, managing up and weathering adversity
- Strong ability to navigate through challenges, multiple tasks, take ownership, deliver on commitment
- Highly developed written and verbal communication skills in English, excellent soft-skills, and ability to motivate and influence all levels of management
- Periodic domestic and international travel will be required
- Strong project management skills and process flow orientation
- Must be team player as teamwork and collaboration are one our core values
- SAP experience
- International experience working with subsidiary units
- Multi-language skills in any of the following languages: Mandarin, any of the major European languages or Hebrew
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.