The Finance PMO and Lean Director will lead the Finance organization’s efforts around process improvement, automation and overall technology deployment and usage. In this role you will be accountable for the systems, structures and processes that ensure effective strategic alignment of projects, prioritization, value management, and benefit realization. This individual will drive project standardization and introduce rigor in the conceptualization, requirements gathering, delivery and adoption of automation and systems solutions. The Finance PMO and Lean Director will also have a collaborative disposition and interest in bridging knowledge-gaps related to systems and process improvement.
What You Will Be Doing
- Establish the PMO role within the finance organization (initially covering process flow documentation & design, process improvement, automation & requirements, systems proficiency and related training).
- Act as the business owner for all relevant finance systems such as SAP, Ariba, Empower and Blackline. Set standards for project management capabilities, including training and certifications for team members, success measurement criteria, methodologies, tools to be used, etc.
- Monitor compliance with policies and standards.
- Oversee the prioritization of identified projects and structure key elements for project’s requirements gathering, collaboration with IT and other functional areas, identification of critical path(s), and overall project execution.
- Track and provide project status and audit reports.
- Manage the risk, issue and change resolution process, and work with the project team to take corrective action as needed.
- Provide support, guidance and training to the finance organization on matters of covering financial systems proficiency and overall process improvement.
- Become the voice of finance for inter-functional projects and initiatives.
- Define and oversee finance related KPI.
- 7+ years of experience working in project management / process improvement roles with emphasis on the finance and financial systems
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Economics, Information Systems or Engineering; Master's degree preferred
- Lean Six Sigma certification, and Project Management certification
- Strong experience leading Kaizen events, PPM
- Technology savvy with ample knowledge of financial systems (SAP, Empower, Tableau)
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Self-starter and willingness to roll-up the sleeves.
- Comfortable working in a very dynamic, fast growing environment.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office tools (Project, Excel, PowerPoint, Word).
Preferred Qualifications & Attributes
- Natural curiosity and passion to drive change; resilience
- Black Belt certification
- Industry experience: Bioscience, pharmaceutical or laboratory services
- Public company experience
- International experience
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.