Are you a laboratory scientist or process engineer with strong communication skills looking for a career path beyond the bench? Are you an experienced systems/business analyst fascinated by DNA-driven efforts to improve Sustainability, Food Security, Health and Precision Medicine, or long-term Data Storage? Can you speak both “lab” and “software” languages? If any of these hypothetical scenarios could apply to you, consider the LIMS Project Analyst role on the Process Development team at Twist Bioscience. Twist Bioscience uses high throughput systems, powerful software, and unparalleled product throughput to enable rapid delivery of transformative products for our customers. The LIMS Project Analyst works cross-functionally to accurately define business scenarios, user stories, and software features for new processes and products. In this role, you will draw on your experience and critical process thinking abilities to develop and implement new software that expands on what is currently possible. It’s an exciting and essential role and we hope you’ll join us on Twist Bioscience’s journey.
The ideal candidate will:
- Be skilled at “big-picture” and process-based analytical approaches
- Have a strong laboratory background with a focus on molecular biology, synthetic biology, and process engineering experience.
- Have a demonstrable track record of process improvement towards Operational Excellence.
- Have experience using and/or managing Lab Information Management Systems (LIMS) and Manufacturing Execution Systems (MES).
- Have strong understanding of software development lifecycle processes
- Have demonstrated interest and/or ability in Usability Design (UI/UX) and/or Industrial Design
- Have experience training others.
- Embrace Twist’s core values of Grit, Impact, Service, and Trust
- Help define product workflows across operational, analytical and software development team
- Document business needs for, remove blockers of, and contribute critical insights to continuous and strategic process improvements aligned with the corporate product roadmap
- Elicit requirements from colleagues to understand end-to-end business workflows across laboratory, inventory, manufacturing, bioanalytical and shipping processes.
- Documenting as-is and to-be states of business areas in the forms of diagrams (workflow diagrams, entity relationship diagrams, functional decomposition diagrams), prioritization matrices, business requirements documents, and technical requirements documents.
- Perform structured analyses of business requirements to facilitate new insights and mitigate project risks.
- Perform object-oriented analyses to abstract and generalize niche concepts communicated during elicitation.
- Coordinate across stakeholders and project participants and report regularly on software launch progress.
- Determine when to escalate open questions, issues, and risks
- Seek out and identify problems and opportunities proactively using a variety of modeling techniques.
- Create a shared understanding among business and technical teams and uncover non-obvious needs.
- Incorporate quality into product design, and work closely with development and software quality assurance teams on product and process improvements.
- Develop and manage test plans to ensure the quality of laboratory software releases.
- Write documentation for business certifications.
- Train users to leverage new software features.
- Support Software Users
- Work with teams to define post-release software issues
- Work with internal software teams to resolve software issues.
- Organize own workload and work closely with leadership to ensure own workload is clearly defined and coordinated to meet deliverable timelines.
- Maintain appropriate levels of IT Fluency
- Use technical tools (queries, process maps, etc.) for problem resolution
- Understand the interconnectivity and relations between the tools, system architecture, and information architecture.
- 2+ years of scientific development and technical transfer
- 2+ years of technical lab software project management
- Significant experience with Laboratory Information Management and Manufacturing Execution systems (MES/LIMS)
- B.S. or higher in Life Science or Engineering field with relevant software product management experience
- Effective at communicating the same content to diverse audiences.
- Experience with workflow mapping and requirement writing for software teams
- Detail oriented and highly organized
- Capable of working on multiple projects at a time
- Experience with agile software deployments in a controlled environment (ISO, CLIA, e.g.) including integration testing, system validation, integration testing, and testing documentation
- Strong communication and documentation skills including the ability to tailor the same content to multiple audiences.
- Experience with deployments from start to finish and beyond; proven track record of successful software releases including validation, user training, post-release issue definition and resolution.
- Understanding of database design and SQL queries
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.