Twist’s state of the art work in biology is supported by an impressive software team that fuels Twist’s success. You will be part of the business systems department which is composed of the software teams working on laboratory management, ecommerce, product development and supply chain management and the many services that integrate them all.
Your role will involve working on building and maintaining full stack applications across these systems.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Work with stakeholders and designers to define user friendly and intuitive web applications for eCommerce and lab management systems.
- Participate in requirements gathering, technical specification, and the design and development of software for Twist’s suite of applications and user facing features.
- Develop, test, deploy, and monitor your code through all states of the software development lifecycle.
- Promote software engineering best practices via example, participation in code reviews, building tools, and documentation.
- Support your applications and/or services as and when required on a 24x7 basis.
What You’ll Bring to the Team:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent.
- 3+ years of experience delivering commercial cloud-based software applications with rich UIs that scale gracefully across different browsers and devices.
- Self-starter with a strong work ethic and desire to write readable and maintainable code.
- Thorough understanding of software development methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools.
- Ability to work in full-stack with backend technologies comprising Node.js, Python, and Ruby on Rails.
- Working knowledge of Git and familiarity with the Github workflow
- Experience working with databases - Postgres, MySQL and MongoDB.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- A good understanding of DevOps procedures and tools (k8s, AWS)
- Familiarity with CI/CD systems.
- Ability to work in a fast paced iterative development with continuous delivery.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.