The Business Management Specialist is a strategic role responsible for all aspects of customer relationship management for the SynBio custom products and services business for a portfolio of Twist Bioscience’s major accounts. Specifically, this position will support major accounts who buy Twist’s synthetic genes, oligo pools, and DNA libraries. The work includes providing strategic support to key accounts including coordinating key account service projects and handling critical aspects of customer communications required for custom services projects. The overall objective of this role is to deliver world-class white glove support to key accounts, help the sales team win and maintain important U.S. customers, and ultimately differentiate Twist Bioscience as a biotech industry leader.
- Respond positively to and expeditiously process all incoming inquiries for the assigned portfolio of major accounts.
- Collaborate closely with Sales, Support, Product Management, and R&D to help prioritize and advocate for product and service delivery to key accounts.
- Gather and assess individual customer requirements, direct activities to appropriate departments, and hold others accountable for proper execution of the customers’ needs.
- Respond quickly and professionally to all customer inquiries, including pricing, availability, order status, shipping details, and support requests.
- Provide updates on project progress at agreed on intervals to customers.
- Prepare quotes for services after collecting customer requirements.
- Work with the services teams to collect costing for proposed services as part of quote preparation.
- Manage communication between customers and the internal team providing world-class customer experience.
- Participate in training the sales teams and support selling activities as appropriate.
- Offer white glove service and perform quarterly strategic business reviews with assigned Key Accounts.
- Manage services capacity for customer satisfaction and business goals.
- Plan and manage process improvement projects to drive an improved customer experience including projects such as: streamlining customer order placement and order processing, improving customer performance dashboards, and other projects as needed.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Requires BS degree in Biology, Chemistry or related Life Science. Advanced degree preferred but not required.
- Minimum of 4 years of relevant work experience in the life sciences or related field, with >4 years in a customer facing role.
- Experience supporting accounts using concierge (white glove) service,
- Strong business acumen, meticulous with details.
- General knowledge of molecular biology and SynBio workflows.
- Understanding of services offering and customer workflows that the services offerings address.
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, internal operations and sales teams.
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects that meet customer expectations.
- Knowledge of synthetic DNA and molecular biology laboratory techniques a bonus. Also preferred but not required is several years of hands-on experience using synthetic DNA in a molecular biology research lab setting.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills.
- High energy, positive attitude with a can-do, get it done attitude.
- Strong analytical skills and experience using data to drive business discussions and customer strategy.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and G-Suite; experience with Salesforce and Enterprise Resource Planning software a plus.
- Ability to travel up to 20%
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.