The intern will participate in working with the research scientists, physicists and engineers to design experiments (learn to write experimental protocols) and analyze the data being produced.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in the planning and design of experiments
- Novel method for DNA synthesis
- Testing hardware configuration
- Participating in complex computational simulations
- Perform results analysis
- Prepare report summaries
- Current good academic standing in an accredited high school or university
- No previous experience is required
- Basic understanding of chemistry and biology
- Basic understanding of physics and electrical engineering
- Good communication and organization skills
- Familiarity with the Microsoft Office suite of programs
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.