Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We’re seeking an experienced technical leader to lead our TLV site as we continue our unprecedented growth. Help us lead the effort to build a truly one-of-its-kind software platform for synthetic DNA manufacturing and DNA data storage. This is a unique opportunity to join a growing team in one of the most interesting science fields.
- Engineering Leadership expertise in People, Processes and Technologies with latest Full Stack web architectures and insights in engineering workflows.
- Directs and participates efforts to build a strong brand to attract top talent
- Perform talent management duties including acquisition, aid in on-boarding, monitoring performance, and succession
- Build, lead, and coach teams that deliver scalable and feature rich distributed applications for large customer bases.
- Responsible for the site’s productivity and meeting KPI’s
- Result driven leader that can drive alignment with multiple stakeholders in a global environment- both engineering and business ends
- Skilled in leading technical evaluation, selection, customization, implementation, and enhancement of application stacks.
- Lead engineering best practices efforts and streamline agile/software development methodologies
- Own and lead compliance efforts and audit including ISO270001, SOX, GDPR etc.
- BSc/MSc in Computer science/Software Engineering
- 8+ years of industry experience with full-stack web application and cloud based technologies
- Strong knowledge of software architecture, design, coding, , database
- 5+ years of experience of managing development group of team leaders
- Experience with backend technologies such as Node.js, Mongodb, Postgres, Redis, Kafka, Python
- Great team player who enjoys mentoring and sharing their knowledge
- Exceptional communication skills
- Full proficiency in English
- Experience working in a global environment (US based companies - an advantage)
- No biology experience required - but we are looking for someone who loves to learn outside their field
Why Twist Bioscience?
- Truly unique mid-stage startup led by experienced, entrepreneurial founders with a proven market and high growth potential
- Backed by leading biotech investors such as Illumina Ventures, Applied Materials, Paladin Capital Group, and ARCH Venture Partners
- Company culture which values work/life balance, family life, and promotes teamwork
- Passionate, diverse, and inclusive team
- Be part of the future of synthetic biology, one of the defining technologies of the future
- Highly competitive salary and equity
- Opportunity to have high impact
- A chance to break from typical software company jobs
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.