The Operations Excellence Lead will drive continuous improvement across all product lines and processes and will report directly to the VP of MFG. In this role the Operations Excellence Lead will leverage process excellence methodologies to drive continuous process improvement (CPI) initiatives and provide expertise to and across the organization. The Operations Excellence Lead will define, design, and implement process improvement while assuring integration, standardization, compliance and alignment within Twist. This is a hands on role and the Operations Excellence Lead will be the point person for problem-solving, teamwork, and leading CPI efforts by partnership with stakeholders to assure the best in class robust processes are built and followed and to assure Twist products meet product requirements and customer expectations. In this role the Lead will to assure the employees are trained, motivated and empowered, while continually improving the production and organizational activities.The Lead will set projects to align with business strategies or priorities and will establish and maintain key process indicators (KPIs).
The main tasks of the Operations Excellence Lead include but are not limited to the following
- Be the lean six sigma SME within the Manufacturing Continuous Improvement team and coach members of the team and across the organization, leverage process excellence methodologies to drive continuous process improvement
- Partner with stakeholders to Identify gaps and areas for improvement, meet corporate goals
- Implement process standardization, compliance and create programs enabling employee participation
- Evaluate and prioritize CPI activities
- Assure Lean manufacturing and continuous flow production
- Assist in leading root cause analysis
- Set metrics and indicators for monitoring process and as well as excellence success
- Maintain a collaborative environment that rewards teamwork and sets clear defined goals
- Audit of all floor auditing process, engaging with all operational personnel, soliciting input and providing improvement recommendations
- partner with manufacturing managers to train and instill best practices in all employees
- A.S. or B.S. in Biology, Chemistry or Biochemistry
- 5 -10 year minimum lab experience in manufacturing environment preferably in a supervisor or management role
- experience supporting manufacturing and improvement processes
- Knowledge of Quality management systems, ISO 13485, ISO9001, and GMP
- Demonstrated experience working with/ within ISO, GMP, LEAN manufacturing environment, CPI, kaizens
- Excellent data analysis capabilities.
- Experience assessing current processes and techniques and implementing procedural improvements
- Experience leading small teams within a laboratory environment.
- Good problem solving and communication skills
- Innovative, motivated, and independent leader with proven ability to work cross-functionally and drive accountability
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time on production floor
- Experience with biology workflows and instrumentation: DNA synthesis, DNA manipulation, PCR, cloning, mini-prep, and strong familiarity with liquid handlers
- Experience with LIMS / MES systems
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.