The Sr. Strategic Account Manager - Government is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth in their territory for Twist Bioscience sequencing products. (S)he is accountable for delivering accurate revenue forecasts throughout the fiscal year, enabling the executive team to monitor business performance and drive decision making. (S)he is required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time bound manner. (S)he is also accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
This individual will be responsible for the DC/MD/VA territory. The Territory Financial Targets (75%) for Government accounts including but not limited to: NIH, HHMI, NIA (Baltimore), USDA, FDA, NIEHS (Raleigh), USUHS, Walter Reed.
Additionally, this individual will be responsible for creating strong business relationships and contracts (25%) with: SBBR, STTRI, Intramalls, NIH Freezer and Stores, Government Contracts, and Government Core Labs.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets established from annual commission plans.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts for their territory.
- Develop and manage key government relationships with new and existing customers at multiple levels.
- Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans for their region as necessary.
- Develop and execute supply agreements and contracts to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively with product management, R&D and operations to minimize time to revenue.
- Maintain CRM database with up to date information.
- Represent the company at relevant tradeshows.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree (BA/BS) from four year College or University preferred in Biology or similar field.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience of selling life science reagents and solutions into government type of business accounts. Experience selling next generation sequencing target enrichment products essential.
- Proven track record in government accounts, of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of Next Generation Sequencing and Synthetic Biology applications a necessity.
- A background in technical sales and support or field applications is preferred with existing relationships in targeted accounts.
- Application of Salesforce.com is preferred.
- Must have excellent time management skills with the ability to use independent judgment and discretion effectively.
- Demonstrated drive, determination and self-motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in synthetic biology applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change oriented environment.
- Proven coaching, mentoring, team-building and leadership skills.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution
Location: DC/MD/VA (East coast)
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.