Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for a talented Research Associate to join our R&D group. The ideal candidate will have meticulous experimentation skills, excellent scientific rigor, and the ability to follow the direction of their senior manager. The position will require working at the bench, collecting and organizing data, and presenting results to senior managers. Strong experimental skills, interpersonal skills as well as excellent communication skills are required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Develop analytical methods for QC of incoming reagents for DNA synthesis
- Collecting, organizing and presenting data to senior managers with the goal of improving DNA synthesis quality
- Working with a team of talented, passionate, driven, interdisciplinary scientists, physicists and engineers to achieve a common goal of creating new markets in synthetic biology, pharmaceutical science, DNA data storage and beyond
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- B.Sc. in chemistry, analytical chemistry, molecular biology with 0-2 years of industrial experience
- Experience with GC/MS, LC/MS, and other mass spectrometry tools
- Experience with modern analytical chemistry techniques and QC methods
- Excellent organization skills
- Ability to comb the literature for new characterization techniques
- A love for being in the lab
- Experience in all modern analytical chemistry techniques
- Experience working in a multidisciplinary environment with chemists, engineers, physicists, software engineers
- Analyzing and organizing experimental data using python, Matlab, R, etc would be an asset
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.