Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
Twist is looking for Director of NGS Application to join the R&D team, based in South San Francisco. The candidate’s responsibilities include:
- As the founding member of the NGS Application team, hire top-notch scientist and associates; build up the team as a part of R&D function.
- Collaborate with the rest of R&D teams (early research, product development, and bioinformatics), develop new applications to complement and enhance the Twist NGS product portfolios, expanding the reach of Twist products
- Partner with the commercial functions, closely work with key customers and KOL, develop customer-centric applications, driving the commercial success
- Transform applications development to new product ideas, and transfer the ideas to the produce development team, and get involved in regular product development activities
- Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) degree in Chemistry, Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, or closely related fields
- 7+ years work experience in R&D with increasing responsibility within life sciences industry. Experience in NGS-focused biotech company is strongly preferred, either from NGS-tools providers (sequencing instruments, single-cell platforms, and/or reagents), or from NGS-based genomics companies (consumer genomics, oncology and liquid biopsy, other diagnostics, etc.)
- 5+ years people management experience, with strong hiring and team building experience and skills
- Deep understanding in the technologies within life sciences including but not limited to NGS technologies.
- Detailed working knowledge of various sequencing technologies and platforms (Illumina, PacBio, ONT, MGI, etc) and their sample preparation components including library preparation of DNA and RNA, target enrichment, scRNA-seq, etc).
- Experience with large-scale gene editing, HLA genotyping, methylation/epigenetics, single-cell, MRD, infectious diseases, and other emerging applications is highly desired
- Demonstrated track record of identifying the opportunities for new applications and developing customer-centric applications in sequencing filed to drive revenue growth from key accounts and strategic business growth in new markets
- Experience in managing collaborative relationships and strategic alliances with customers/collaborators
- Technical knowledge in bioinformatics
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills. Ability to identify problems and use a combination of knowledge, intuition, and experience to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work. Inspire and empower team members to constantly overachieve.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.