We are seeking candidates interested in working for an exciting start-up company. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who thrive in a changing environment and enjoy supporting and delivering world-class products that meet both external and internal customer needs.
The QC Associate will be responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of QC methods in the production laboratory. He/she will work closely with the operations team to monitor the quality of Twist DNA products utilizing quantitative measurements, fragment analysis, NGS sequencing, etc. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated capability of making data driven decisions in a high throughput environment to assure that all products processed, packaged, stored, and distributed are manufactured in compliance with all Regulatory, Customer, and Twist requirements. In this position you will report to the QC manager.
- Review and release products based on established QC metrics
- Monitor QC data
- Investigate product/process/quality issues
- Review of CAPAs, process deviations, root cause analysis
- Preparation of product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Product quality documentation
- BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 1+ years industrial experience in Operations/QC
- Knowledge of/experience with Quality Control and Quality Assurance principles, including GMP/ISO
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as PCR, Cloning & Sequencing
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as spectroscopy, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Experience with automated robotic systems and LIMS systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is in SSF: shift will begin Mon-Fri 9a-5pm then transition to a 4 day a week 10-hour shift
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.