Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for an outstanding Production Line Specialist to assist our Operations Team in San Francisco. The Production Line Specialist will work on our Single Variant Library team to efficiency organize and queue custom orders for Single Variant Library. In addition to planning, the individual will also have an active role in the lab to produce genes and various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule. The ideal candidate will work independently, be very neat and organized, have excellent molecular biology skills, contribute to process improvement and documentation, and communicate effectively with peers / management. Knowledge of good laboratory practices (GLPs) is important. Must be comfortable working in a LEAN manufacturing/ controlled laboratory environment.
- Providing technical product support to the customer facing representatives using guided responses provided by the Library Team manager
- Coordinating with manager to execute pre-production planning tasks including but not limited to
- Submitting template synthesis requests to production through customer support
- Reviewing, summarizing and batching customer emails and forms,
- running the design and QC pipeline
- Ordering the necessary reagents and supplies for each project
- Requesting spots in the vector onboarding queue
- Requesting material from the Scaleup Team
- Tracking template orders going through production and incoming customer material
- Tracks and reports on existing POs
- Tracking and reporting incidents/issues to the appropriate teams
- Writing protocols and work instructions for processes implemented both in the lab and external
- Executes standard and non standard library build workflows
- Scheduling and updating the WIP as needed
- Assist with user acceptance testing when required and other duties as assigned
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelors of Science in Biology, Chemistry, Biochemistry, or closely related field of study and 2+ years of lab experience preferably in manufacturing environment or development environment. Will consider other education in combination with relevant industry experience.
- Experience in Synthetic Biology workflows a bonus
- Must be experienced using automation
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN mfg environment and follow the lean manufacturing concept
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.