Who we are
Twist Bioscience is a synthetic biology company based in South San Francisco, California. The company has developed a proprietary silicon-based manufacturing process for the production of synthetic DNA. Twist Bioscience serves Life Science researchers who are changing the world for the better. Coming from diverse fields of medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, scientists use our synthetic genes, oligo pools, and NGS target enrichment to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. Twist Bioscience is uniquely positioned to help accelerate these efforts by providing precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable. Our technology overcomes inefficiencies and enables cost-effective, rapid, precise, high-throughput DNA synthesis and sequencing. We offer both the quality and quantity researchers need now to rapidly realize opportunities ahead.
The Tel-Aviv branch is responsible for developing all software revolving managing business processes and order intake, including our own DNA ordering eCommerce platform and public API. Twist Tel Aviv is looking for a Front End Team Manager, to lead our applications team.
As a Team Manager of the Front-End team, you will lead the development of our eCommerce platform - full stack responsibility. Our eCommerce platform is a Web App that allows our customers and sales people to design, purchase and customize DNA products. It is a React/Redux application served from s3 behind CloudFront. All of our styling is handmade and managed with emotion (with some Sass from earlier days). Our Back-End is built with Ruby on Rails, backed by MongoDB, and manages background jobs with Sidekiq.
We are expanding our Tel Aviv team and looking for a Front-end Team Manager who can learn fast, has experience with web technologies and is a creative out-of-the-box thinker.
- Leading an architectural vision and development for a business-critical tool
- Providing technical leadership for developers within and outside of your team
- Leading the growth plans of the team members, and managing the hiring process to bring top talent
- Working with analysts from different departments to help the decision making be based on data
- Working with the DevOps teams to streamline processes and improve the developers and customers experience
What you need is
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or equivalent, from a well-known university
- 2+ years of experience in leading a software team and mentoring engineers
- 5+ years of experience in developing Web Applications
- Ability to lead an agile based feature development, design new projects, and work with stakeholders, both in the Tel-Aviv and SF
- Thorough understanding of software development and support methodologies, principles and procedures and related software management tools
- Knowledge in Ruby on Rails / Python / NodeJS - an advantage
- A good understanding of DevOps procedures and tools (K8s, AWS)
- Full proficiency in English
*The position applies both to men as to women