What You’ll Be Doing
The Inside Sales Manager is responsible for leading Inside Sales Team (~3-5 members) to successfully develop and manage lead generation, customer retention, generate opportunities for outside sales team, as well as develop and turn opportunities into orders.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Leads, inspires, controls, organizes and directs both the tactical and strategic inside sales activities.
- Ensures a high level of liaison with other departments & staff to ensure coordination of activities, campaigns and understanding of common goals.
- Provides regular reports on status of specific sales, the market and competitor activities.
- Sets performance standards, ensuring employees have appropriate and realistic job goals, providing ongoing feedback about employees’ performance.
- Directly assists at high-value customer accounts to facilitate the sale of Twist’s products and services. Ensures that Inside Sales personnel record timely and accurate account/contact details within Twist’s CRM database.
- Responsible for ensuring that Twist’s commitment to customer satisfaction is performed, delivered, and constantly improved.
- Provide ongoing guidance to employees and career counseling to help employees develop and advance in their careers.
- Develops systems and tools to enable and track optimal sales performance.
- Represents the company professionally, ethically and morally at all times.
- Helps develop and coach Inside Sales Team to:
- Identify and develop leads both inbound and prospecting via outbound leads
- Contact leads to convert to revenue or hand off to Outside Sales for further development
- Close sales and achieve quarterly targets
- Focus on strategic opportunities that can drive business in the long- and short-term (Retargeting, Dormant accounts)
- Communicate & execute the business plan with Inside Sales Team
- Attend Customer Meetings, Conferences, Trade shows, other duties as assigned.
What You’ll bring to the Team
Experience and Key Skills
- Bachelors Degree in Life Sciences
- Inside Sales Experience 5+ years.
- Experience within a biotechnology company
- Experience with Next Generation Sequencing and Synthetic Biology
- People Management Experience of 3+ years
- Excels in a fast-paced and changing landscape
- Strong attention to detail
- Work with Salesforce.com & SalesLoft
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally to drive orders
- Infectious “get it done” attitude
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.