Job opportunity: IT Desktop Support Engineer
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Using our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform, our customers are changing the world for the better.
In fields such as medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, by using our synthetic DNA tools, our customers are developing ways to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. We are leading and rapidly growing synthetic biology company that has developed a disruptive DNA synthesis platform to industrialize the engineering of biology. The core of our platform is a proprietary technology that pioneers a new method of manufacturing synthetic DNA by “writing” DNA on a silicon chip.
At the Tel Aviv R&D center, we are building the software tools that enable genetic engineers to design and edit biological code. Consider DNA as the “machine code” of life, we build the IDE to design, compile and debug it.
We are currently seeking... An IT Desktop Support Engineer to join our growing team. We are looking for a top-level performer, someone who is passionate about their career and consistently demonstrates that they are a team player. The IT Support Engineer is a key member of the IT team and is responsible for the development and support of all employee-facing IT systems, services and applications.
- Provide world-class end-user support by email and chat applications to give those requesting support super quick answers to simple issues. For more complex problems that require more nuanced instruction, you will contact clients via phone and/or provide clear, written instructions in addition to logging a description of the incident or issue for our resolutions team. These uses will be based locally (Tel Aviv), EMEA, & APAC
- Perform local and remote onboarding for EMEA, & APAC utilizing the Twist IT onboarding policies & procedures
- The ability to work in a fast-paced multi-tasking environment
- Image, configure, deploy new computers (MAC & PC) and other technology equipment
- Basic networking skills including network switch configuration, VLANs, and cabling
- Manage account provisioning through Active Directory, Office 365, Google Apps, Druva, Certify, and Atlassian Jira/Confluence
- Responsible for all aspects of day-to-day desktop management including centralized management of all desktops and mobile devices.
- Management and execution of IT Service Request Tickets (Jira.)
- Operate and improve our Mac OSX/PC endpoint management and imaging solutions
- Respond to tickets, instant messages, phone calls, and requests for technical assistance from colleagues and executives
- Highly proficient in the creation of detailed documentation, along with excellent training skills on the use of the new systems as you solve business problems
- Support our Video Conference (Zoom) rooms, and help produce events like All Hands, Visiting Speakers, Lunch Talks
- Other duties as assigned
- 5+ years Information Technology experience in Biopharma/startup preferred
- Preferred Qualifications
- Interest in biotech, DNA, synthetic biology
- Certifications in relevant areas (Windows / OS X / A+ / Networking)
- Atlassian tools (JIRA / Confluence / Service Desk) administration
- Customer-focused and highly organized with White Glove Support experience
- Experienced in remotely managing Mac, Windows and Linux desktops and servers
- Experienced in working with routers, firewalls, servers, and virtual infrastructure and an expert in troubleshooting desktop/laptop hardware and software issues
Certifications: Nice to have but not necessary on hands experience is acceptable
- MCITP (Microsoft Certified IT Professional)
- ACSP (Apple Certified Support Professional)
- A+ Certification
- Network++ Certification
- About Twist Bioscience