Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for an outstanding Scientist to join our R&D team. The scientist will support R&D efforts in developing custom DNA-based applications and assays for Next-Generation Sequencing Targeted Enrichment products. The ideal candidate will be driven and willing to learn new techniques. This position will design and perform experiments, collect and analyze data for the development of NGS products and applications. The ideal candidate will be familiar with developing and optimizing commercial kits and/or kit components including formulation and protocols. This position will interact closely with bioinformaticians on data analysis and other key groups across the Twist organization.
- Master’s degree with 3 years or PhD with 1 year post-graduate experience in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Genetics, Genomics, Chemistry or closely-related field. Industrial experience in NGS company is highly desirable.
- Must have a strong background in NGS methods, products and applications
- Must have hands on experience with large-scale genomic methods (e.g whole genome sequencing. Exome-seq, target enrichment, RNA-seq, single-cell sequencing etc)
- Must have hands on experience with NGS library preparation methods
- Understanding with bioinformatics and bioinformatics tools such as genome alignment, mapping, variant calling and annotation and able to perform basic analysis and communicate needs with bioinformatician
- Molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and molecular cloning
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Proficient in writing and communicating in the English language
- Dynamic interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contribute to building a positive team spirit
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Experience developing products for commercial launch
- Coding skills in R, Python or equivalent languages
- Experience with liquid handling systems and automation
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.