Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in South San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate, Reagents is a great entry level role for anyone wanting lab experience as it gives the employee the opportunity to perform bench work, develop documentation skills, learn the inter-workings of a business and to build an understanding of biosynthesis and NGS.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Perform aseptic techniques in a cleanroom environment to formulate buffers, antibiotic solutions and prepare culture media to meet manufacturing forecasts for gene production and NGS panels
- Assist in NGS kit reagent production such as formulation, vialing or kitting of capture, purification, adapter and blocker kits used in Next-Generation Sequencing platforms.
- Ensure reagents specifications are met via in process quality control on culture media and NGS kits.
- Package internal and external customer product
- We are a service department and work cross functionally with our internal customers supporting some flagship products and with our support groups such as supply chain, development, QA, QC and shipping/receiving.
- Maintain thorough, accurate, and detailed documentation on google sheets or web based programs of all work done regulated by industry ISO standards
- Work with a highly engaged team to ensure the efficient production and quality of reagents supporting Twist's commercial products and ongoing internal projects.
- Requires excellent attention to detail, lab safety, effective written and verbal communication skills, the ability to multi-task, be flexible with priorities, tasks and schedules .
- Work with operational excellence principles
- Bachelors/ Associates degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry: degree preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to details
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with excel and word, Jira/Confluence, web based or similar programs
Typical Working Conditions are:
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
Two available shifts. Please indicate preferences when applying:
2A = Sun-Thur, 3-11:30pm
2B =Tues-Saturday, 3-11:30pm
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.