Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for motivated, enthusiastic individuals to join our Twist Bioscience Operations Team in San Francisco. The Manufacturing Associate will perform basic molecular biology workflows in a highly automated, high-throughput manner and will be responsible for the manufacture and analysis of a variety of custom gene products across Twist Bioscience’s proprietary process workflow to meet the Twist production forecast and timelines.
The ideal candidate will be driven and will do what it takes to keep manufacturing on track in a fast paced start-up environment. The Manufacturing Associate will be responsible for the production of custom gene based products and/or various intermediates according to established SOPs and complete manufacturing batch records to contribute to the daily production schedule.
Roles and Responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Manufacture high quality custom oligo containing products in a high throughput MFG lab according to established SOPs.
- Operation of robotic laboratory equipment and traditional lab equipment (bioanalyzers, centrifuges, sealers, thermocyclers, spectrometers, HPLCs, Next Gen Sequencing etc.)
- Daily use of traditional molecular biology processes and techniques especially PCR, DNA quantitation and handling, DNA purification
- Maintaining thorough, accurate and detailed documentation of all work produced in batch records, databases or other acceptable formats including problems and deviations
- Updating and writing work instructions and documentation
- Ability to work independently and in a safe manner
- Attention to details for process consistency
- Documentation, troubleshooting and addressing process deviations
- Packaging products
- Ability to work in an ISO, GMP, LEAN mfg environment and follow the lean manufacturing concepts
- Daily completion of assigned tasks to keep MFG on track
- Bachelors/ Associates degree in biology, chemistry, biochemistry: degree preferred but will consider candidates with relevant laboratory experience
- Familiarity or prior experience in a manufacturing environment
- Good written and verbal skills
- Attention to details
- Good computer skills and comfort in using computers for all aspects of MFG, experience with excel and word, Jira/Confluence, web based or similar programs
Typical Working Conditions are:
- Team based laboratory environment.
- Working in controlled laboratory environment
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time while performing duties.
- Must be able to work safely with chemicals and hazardous materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 20 lbs.
- Must be able to work outside of regular work hours/ work a flexible shift as needed
SHIFT: 7PM-730AM shift 12h day/3d/4d alt work week with 1 weekend day. The incumbent will be required to work this night shift; the incumbent will start on day shift until training is complete before transitioning to night shift. Those who prefer day shifts should not apply.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.