Twist is looking for a bioinformatics professional to serve as a primary technical field contact for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our Sales team. This role will function as a liaison between the customer and Twist. In this capacity he/she will be responsible for the pre- and post-sales technical support and market development activities for Twist’s Next Generation Sequencing target enrichment portfolio. Prior experience with Next Generation Sequencing and target enrichment will be essential to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams. This position can be remote, with travel requirements of up to 50%.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offering with customers
- Provide bioinformatics support for NGS data analysis to support customer troubleshooting
- Support custom NGS panel design utilizing an existing design workflow to meet customers design expectations (White Glove Service)
- Provide application support for pre- and post- sales activities for Twist’s NGS product portfolio
- Create bioinformatics analysis tools to assist in building an Application Interface for custom panel designs
- Local and regional travel (~30% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers
- Provide high level technical support to the customer and provide guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and Production
- Network with customers and provide feedback to Product Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales and Product Management
- Keep abreast of all research development in the field
- 3-5 years commercial experience preferably in Pharma
- MS/PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Bioinformatics or related field
- Strong technical knowledge of NGS applications and bioinformatics required to support NGS data analysis & target enrichment panel design
- Experience with python, bash scripting, and UI/UX design
- Advanced knowledge of, and practical experience in biotechnology product development
- A successful candidate will have both bioinformatics and customer facing experience
- Requires flexibility in working hours to support multiple time zones
- High attention to detail
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in a collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- An understanding of Molecular Genetics a plus
- English language fluent
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.