Tokyo Bay Area
TWIST BIOSCIENCE CORPORATE OVERVIEW
Twist Bioscience Corp. is an innovative synthetic biology company founded in April 2013 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Twist is the first company to successfully marry small scale engineering with biology to commercialize silicon-based production of high fidelity and high quality synthetic DNA faster, cheaper and seamlessly. In a relatively short time since its foundation the company has established itself as market leader with >300 employees and $70M orders for fiscal 2018.
DNA has been used for more than five decades in a growing number of applications including drug development, vaccines and antibiotics, diagnostics, chemicals, agriculture and other industrial needs. It also has promise in novel applications like data storage. The company is keen to leverage its high-quality synthetic DNA platform to grow its market potential by vertical integration of some of these applications.
Synthetic DNA has been used for more than five decades in a growing number of applications including drug development, vaccines and antibiotics, diagnostics, chemicals, agriculture and other industrial needs. It also has promise in novel applications like data storage. The company is keen to leverage its high-quality synthetic DNA platform to grow its market potential by vertical integration of some of these applications.
PLEASE NOTE: Interested & Qualified candidates please provide a CV in Japanese & English.
Twist is looking for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to serve as a primary technical field contact for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our sales and marketing team. The FAS will function as a liaison between customers and Twist. In this capacity he/ she is responsible for the both pre- and post-sales technical support for Twist’s complex products including gene synthesis, oligo pools, variant libraries and NGS. The technical support includes to support custom design products, trial run using Twist products and their experiments. This position will be based in Japan, with travel requirements of up to 75% outside of Twist Japan office. The travel will include oversea.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offering with customers
- Provide focused post-sales support activities for Twist’s product portfolio and customers’ application workflow
- Provide application-based guidance for pre-sales with sales team in technical discussions, presentations, competitive scenarios and meetings with customers
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team
- Provide high-level technical support to the customer in discussing and designing requirements and providing guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Provide custom design, experimental setup or demo run, troubleshooting at Twist or customers’ location, phone calls or writings
- Extensive local and regional travel (50-75% time) to work in the field with sales or marketing, attend both internal and external meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows
- Liaise with the customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and production
- Network with customers to deeply understand and provide feedback to sales and marketing team and product management on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales & Marketing and Product Management
- Keep abreast of all research development in the field and summarizing for the team
- 5 years commercial or academic experience working or studying with Genomics products
- BS/MS/PhD in any field related to Genomics
- Strong technical knowledge of NGS applications
- Technical knowledge of SynBio applications
- Genomics-based informatics experience
- High attention to detail in wet-lab experiment
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both English and Japanese
- Excellent customer focus – grit, impact, service and trust
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.