Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for an outstanding Research Associate (RA) or Sr. RA to join our R&D team. The Research Associate will support R&D efforts in developing custom DNA-based applications and assays for synthetic biology products. The ideal candidate will be driven and willing to learn new techniques. This position will support projects including high-throughput gene synthesis, high-throughput cloning processes, custom molecular biology, NGS-based QC, etc. The ideal candidate will be eager to learn, be very organized, have excellent molecular biology/biochemistry knowledge and skills, and communicate effectively with peers/management.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or closely-related field.
- 5+ years experience utilizing molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR, Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) and molecular cloning.
- Will consider candidates for Sr. Research Associate based on experience and other qualifications
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Proficient in writing and communicating in the English language.
- Dynamic interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contribute to building a positive team spirit.
- High attention to detail
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Experience with multiple methods of DNA assembly (restriction enzyme digestion/ligation, golden gate cloning. Gibson assembly)
- Proficient in general molecular biology techniques including primer design, PCR, molecular cloning, plasmid extraction, and gel electrophoresis
- Experience with Illumina NGS library preparation and sequencing platforms
- Hands-on experience with high-throughput workflows and laboratory automation
- Data analysis and visualization skills.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.