Twist Bioscience is at an exciting phase of growth in business. In order to support the rapid growth at scale, the technology and engineering division is seeking an experienced, highly-motivated program manager to join the IT organization. He/she will help streamline the software development to support product life cycle process, prioritize projects, and drive new product introduction to achieve the company’s business objectives. The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate a proven track record in managing a range of complex, high-impact projects with strong organizational leadership and influencing skills.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Drive new products and feature development using Agile methodologies.
- Lead and facilitate business process engineering discussions with Sales & Marketing, Operations, Finance, and other business stakeholders.
- Support the SW/Applications development process required to drive business systems implementation projects.
- Lead cross functional business and technical teams (ERP, eCommerce, LIMS) and work closely with enterprise customers acting as technology team liaison. Collaborate with technical leads to develop detailed project plans and ensure proper hand-offs between internal customers and technical teams.
- Lead and facilitate project meetings with a structure and agenda that is specifically engineered to ensure successful execution. Generate and disseminate meeting minutes that accurately capture key decisions, open issues, and action items. Follow up on status of task and action item execution both within and outside of meetings, and update project documentation (project timeline, meeting minutes) accordingly.
- Build high morale and team commitment to goals and objectives by creating a compelling sense of common purpose and direction.
- Regularly communicate the project progress on behalf of the technical teams to senior leadership. Proactively identify any issues, concerns, or challenges of assigned projects; develop action plans to address open issues, including escalation to key partners and stakeholders. Facilitate tradeoff decisions and remove obstacles.
- Act with a sense of urgency and lead by example.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BS or higher degree in Computer Science or Engineering fields
- 5+ years experience leading large scale ERP implementation projects.
- Proven track record in leading ERP implementations (OtC, P2P, Intercompany, HRIS processes) and application development working with cross-functional teams and driving teams to achieve aggressive goals in biotech or high-tech industry
- Champion process improvements for better software delivery
- Ability to identify, collaborate and resolve business process inefficiencies that directly affect systems operations
- Self-motivated, ambitious with long-term career goals
- Superior interpersonal skills; proven ability to develop important relationships with all key internal and external stakeholders
- Assertiveness to tactfully address concerns or conflicts openly within core and extended teams
- Ability to make good business decisions and exercises sound judgment
- Ability to deal with uncertainty in a constructive manner and generate options for moving forward
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to highlight issues to senior leaders, drive consensus and forge solutions, stay focused and on-point
- Strong work ethic, commitment to the highest quality of work
- Proficient with various project management tools and applications
- Prior experience in a startup environment is a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.