We are Twist Bioscience and we are disrupting the Synthetic Biology and the Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) fields with our proprietary DNA synthesis platform. Watch this to see how we are building the future: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXkK-QuBU7s
Twist is seeking a Human Resources Business Partner to support our commercial team. This role will be part of a small, but mighty HRBP team that will report to the Vice President, Human Resources and work in close partnership with our HR team. At Twist, we’ve been scaling our commercial team in response to strong customer adoption of our NGS and SynBio products. In this role, you will support our Global Sales, Marketing, and Customer Support leaders and their teams. We’re looking for somebody who can roll up their sleeves and execute on day-to-day people decisions while also being a strategic partner to our global commercial leaders.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Partner with commercial leaders to enable their success; be a sounding board and trusted advisor
- Provide expertise on people issues and strategies
- Bring solutions that address the needs of the department while taking into account the broader implications for Twist and our HR strategies
- Apply a broad HR skill set to coach and evolve the department to ensure their success. This includes, but is not limited to, performance management; talent assessment; strategic facilitation; organizational design and development; workforce planning; and change management
- Ensure alignment to and execution of established Twist-wide human resources policies, procedures, and initiatives
- Execute global and local HR processes (e.g., talent management, succession planning, performance management, development planning, compensation planning)
- Identify and solve talent issues before they affect the business (e.g., HiPo retention; poor performance management; evolving skill set requirements for team success, etc.)
- Contribute to the assessment/selection when we recruit for members of the commercial team, including key leaders and other critical positions
- Ensure compliance of all HR practices within area of responsibility and with legislative and regulatory requirements, standards and other known relevant policies and guidelines
- Triage and respond to employee relations issues (e.g., employee concerns or complaints, worker’s compensation cases)
- Serve as the go-to HR team member for the Commercial team, including management- and employee- questions and concerns
- Implement our HR strategies and projects with sensitivity for and adaptation to local cultural business norms (our commercial team is located in over 12 countries in America, Europe, and APAC)
- Model our core values: Grit, Impact, Service, and Trust
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- 6+ years of progressively responsible HR experience
- Experience applying a range of HR skills, from leadership enablement to talent assessment
- Team player with very strong ethical orientation
- Must have the ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve problems or issues, by using judgement that is in consistent with standards, practices, policies, procedures, regulation or government law
- Strong aptitude for listening, collaborating, and problem-solving
- Proven track record of high performance
- Ability to objectively coach employees and management through complex and difficult issues to drive us toward a high-performing organization
- Excellent influencing and leadership skills
- Cultural humility to ensure you are successful when partnering and enabling our diverse workforce, including our global leaders
- Strong business acumen
- Excellent verbal, written, and communication skills
- Strong computer applications skills (Microsoft Office; Gsuite; Applicant Tracking Systems, etc.)
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally as required to attend commercial team meetings (~15-20%)
- 2+ years in an HR Business Partner role
- Previous work experience in a non-HR role at some point during your career (i.e., you bring direct, applied business experience to your HR career)
- Biotech or pharmaceutical experience
- Experience partnering with Commercial leaders and teams
- Background in employment law and other government compliance regulations
More About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.