Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for a Research Scientist with expertise in the synthesis and characterization of oligonucleotides to join our DNA data storage team. The ideal candidate will have a passion for creating innovative new technologies in a fast-paced team environment and enjoy spending time at the bench. The candidate will execute experimental plans and report their findings in a clear and precise manner to their supervisor. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a data-driven multidisciplinary environment.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Synthesizing, deprotecting, and analyzing oligonucleotides using novel methodologies
- Performing molecular biology techniques such as qPCR and NGS sequencing
- Executing experimental plans in a timely and efficient manner
- Reporting results in a clear and precise manner
- Supporting team by managing lab activities such as keeping lab equipment running, procurement, waste disposal, etc.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- BSc in chemistry, molecular biology or a related field with 8-10 year industry experience or equivalent Master’s degree with 2-5 years industry experience
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a team and take direction
- Experience handling oligonucleotides and all oligonucleotide analysis tools
- Passion and excitement to be at the bench, working in the lab all day
- Knowledge of phosphoramidite chemistry and handling techniques
- Some knowledge of organic chemistry
- Ability to maintain lab equipment such as HPLCs, microscopes, etc
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. Our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.