Twist Bioscience has developed a unique platform to synthesize DNA on silicon. This technology enables us to make unprecedented numbers of oligos and long DNA while maintaining the ability to select out small subsets of oligos when required. The R&D team at Twist focuses on leveraging this revolutionary platform to develop new products and applications in the synthetic biology and NGS/genomics space. Within the R&D team, we have three closely collaborative functions:
- Early Research focuses on high-risk/high-reward and innovative projects, and generates ideas for the next generation of products and applications
- Emerging Applications develops new applications to complement and enhance our existing portfolio, expanding the reach of Twist products
- Product Development develops and supports New Product Introduction (NPI) efforts from concept phase to commercial launch
This position is within the Early Research function.
- Think outside the box.
- Generate new ideas for next generation products or applications in the fields of synthetic biology or NGS
- Develop initial processes and demonstrate early concepts in collaboration with internal and external teams
- Collaborate with the rest of the R&D team, transferring concepts or ideas to the Product Development or Emerging Applications teams, and help the efforts when needed.
- PhD in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field. Relevant post-doc and/or industrial experience is preferred but not required.
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques including synthetic biology applications, gene synthesis, molecular cloning, enzymatic assays, PCR/qPCR, and NGS library preparation.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the selective fields of interest, backed up by strong publication record and other achievements
- Expert understanding in genetic and genomic sciences and hands-on experience with NGS and various NGS applications.
- Understanding with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling, and annotation.
- Programming skills and capabilities are highly desired.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- A desire to grow with a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.