Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures for diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member of the research team, this candidate will focus on development of custom nucleic acid-based applications in synthetic biology and NGS field.
- Expand the utility and application of high-throughput oligo synthesis in the fields of synthetic biology and NGS. Fields of interest include gene editing, cell engineering, pathogen detection, metagenomics sequencing, next-gen clinical diagnostics, liquid biopsy, etc.
- Execute the collaboration with Key Opinion Leaders, developing and demonstrating the functionality of assays and applications, forming ideas for next-generation products
- Collaborate with the product development team and bioinformatics team, transferring the product idea to the product development team, and getting involved in regular product development activities
- PhD in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field. Relevant post-doc and/or industrial experience is preferred.
- Strong background in molecular biology techniques including synthetic biology applications, gene synthesis, molecular cloning, enzymatic assays, PCR/qPCR, and NGS library preparation.
- Strong knowledge and expertise in the selective fields of interest, backed up by strong publication record and other achievements
- Expert understanding in genetic and genomic sciences and hands-on experience with NGS and various NGS applications.
- Understanding with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling, and annotation.
- Programming skills and capabilities are highly desired.
- High attention to detail.
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work.
- A desire to grow with a fast-paced, highly-collaborative, multidisciplinary team
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.