Programmable DNA, the software of life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, everyday chemicals are made using the atmosphere as the carbon source, plants make their own fertilizers, in-vivo diagnostics will alert us when we are sick, and many more applications including even long term storage of data encoded in DNA.
To deliver on these goals, we are building and deploying complex, scalable, container-based services utilizing both local and AWS-based compute resources.
As a Senior DevOps Engineer at Twist, you will be working closely with the eCommerce, Salesforce, Bioinformatics and MES software groups to build and automate systems to deploy and monitor scalable, high-availability systems critical to the success of our business and the future of DNA synthesis on a massive scale. You will have significant impact throughout the company and your passion will be quickly felt and recognized.
- Influence the development of solutions that impact strategic projects/program goals and business results
- Constantly evaluate continuous integration and continuous deployment solutions as the industry evolves, and develop standardized best practices
- Maintain domain knowledge expertise in public cloud architectures and best practices
- Resolve highly complex problems using a significant application of technical knowledge, conceptualization, reasoning and interpretation
Required skills or experience:
- 5 or more years industry experience deploying highly available, rapidly scalable (including spot instance bidding) AWS-based computing services
- Managing Docker container deployment and orchestration including AWS ECS and Kubernetes
- Deep system-level familiarity with Linux operating systems and scripting in Bash. Python knowledge a plus.
- Authoring automated deployments using Terraform.
- Automated provision/orchestration of AWS resources (e.g. via CloudFormation or other frameworks)
- System performance monitoring, reporting and optimization
- Source control in Git
- Experience with container (Docker, ECS, EKS), serverless (Lambda), and Virtual Machine (VMware, KVM) architectures.
- Experience bootstrapping and automating the build of complete environments
- Experience with automated build in Jenkins or similar CI tools
- Experience with Kubernetes or similar container orchestration frameworks
- Experience in managing multiple AWS environments and AWS ecosystem.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to manage conflict effectively.
- Ability to adapt and be productive in a dynamic environment.
- Strong communication and collaboration skills supporting multiple stakeholders and business operations.
- Self-starter, self-managed, and a team player.
- Deep understanding of high-performance/distributed computing concepts, software development lifecycle and database and query performance monitoring/tuning
- Ability to automate builds, repetitive tasks, log analysis programmatically
- AWS Solutions Architect Certification or AWS SysOps Administrator
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.