Vice President, Global Sales
Twist Bioscience is seeking a Vice President, Global Sales to drive innovation, growth, and new business opportunities across the global organization. The Vice President, Global Sales will report directly to the CMO. In this role, (s)he is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth globally for the full portfolio of Twist Bioscience synthetic DNA products, including the NGS product portfolio. (S)he will provide commercial leadership and influence key decisions through collaboration with the executive team and cross-functional stakeholders. (S)he is responsible for strategic sales leadership, planning, and managerial oversight of Twist’s direct and indirect global sales channels. (S)he will be required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identify and escalate their activities in a time-bound manner. (S)he will also be accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets established from annual commission plans, driving individual performance and the results of their team
- Develop and implement hiring and training plans serving the global team
- Develop sales strategy and tactics driving business in key market segments and accounts
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts
- Develop and manage key relationships with new and existing customers at multiple organizational levels
- Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business
- Work collaboratively with operations to minimize time to revenue
- Maintain CRM database with up to date information
- Represent the company at relevant tradeshows
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback and introduce new product ideas to internal partners
- Manage and support sales leadership team, contributing to overall sales strategy and development to ensure they are equipped with the tools and knowledge for Sales success
- Monitor Sales leadership team performance and achievement of goals, from sales targets to market intelligence
- Travel: ~60% plus travel (both domestic & international)
- Additional duties as assigned
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis in both domestic and international markets.
- 15+ years senior level experience with a minimum of 10 years of experience of selling life science reagents and solutions. Knowledge of synthetic biology products and NGS markets preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to build high performance cross-functional sales teams.
- Businesses to business experience preferred, in particular selling to pharma, diagnostic, chemical and/or Agbio organizations.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of synthetic biology and NGS applications a necessity.
- A background in technical sales and support or product management is preferred.
- Application of Salesforce.com a prerequisite.
- Demonstrated drive determination and self-motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in synthetic biology applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Demonstrated effective team leadership in driving performance of peers and subordinates.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change oriented environment.
- Proven coaching, mentoring, team-building and leadership skills.
- Proven as a strategic thinker, backed up by a track record of tactical execution.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four year College or university preferred in Biology or similar field.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.