This is a key position in the Accounting group. The Manager, Accounting – Procure to Pay will lead the Procure to Pay (P2P) and fixed asset accounting processes while working closely with our supply chain and purchasing groups to optimize our processes and safeguard the company’s assets. The Manager will lead two Staff Accountants and will manage our outsourced AP team in India.
We are looking for a dynamic, process-oriented individual who is a change agent for the Accounting group and will work closely with our procurement groups and our outsourced AP group to establish best in class practices including cost optimization. In this role, you will team up with the Accounting Manager, Corporate Controller, and other Twisters to build a world class Procure to Pay organization. This is a highly operational position encompassing 50% of time rolling up your sleeves solving challenges and working through the detail. The other 50% of your time will be managing process implementation and bringing out the best in your direct reports. This is a stepping stone position with lots of opportunity for growth.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Build world class procure to pay finance processes to support Twist’s growth and business plan.
- Be the accounting group’s leader in the implementation of Ariba using the functionality of the Ariba to SAP link to automate the invoice processing.
- Implement process improvements to continuously optimize the Procurement to Pay functions to drive operational efficiencies while maintaining the accuracy and integrity of the underlying accounting process, systems and records.
- Oversee and drive continuous improvement in our outsourced AP group by establishing KPIs and operational review processes that achieve a high level of excellence.
- Work closely with purchasing and supply chain to optimize working capital and implement leading edge vendor management programs and procure to pay metrics.
- Support senior management to establish policies and procedures to support SOX compliance and ensure we set up policies and practices to eliminate fraud
- Develop monthly and quarterly Payable cash disbursement projections
- Establish PP&E tracking, reporting and fixed assets registration
- Lead the accounting team in the recording and recognition of capitalized assets, including fixed assets, intangible assets, and various prepaid and other assets. Ensure compliance with applicable U.S. GAAP. For fixed assets, ensure appropriate recognition, classification, and safeguarding of assets.
- Lead the Accounts Payable group, which includes ensuring appropriate steps are taken for timely disbursements and accurate recording in the general ledger.
- Direct the administration of the Company’s expense reimbursement system- Certify.
- Ensure the expense reimbursement system and compliance with the Company’s expense reimbursement practices are strictly followed.
- Ensure proper management associated with the Company’s credit card program.
- Team with the Accounting Manager, Director of SEC and Corporate Controller to ensure overall success of the Accounting team and stay ahead of issues.
- Responsible for ensuring Company policies relating to its accounting, transactional processing, and financial reporting are strictly followed from the Procurement to Pay side. Develop further policies and/or enhance current policies.
- Actively identify and support the automation and improvement of business processes to improve efficiency, effectiveness, and cost of our P2P processing and control functions.
Keys to Success
- Roll up your sleeves to solve the daily challenges of a rapidly growing start up.
- Be a change agent to drive process improvements
- Be process driven and analytical when solving challenges
- Understand Debit and Credits i.e. transactional flow between the financial statements
- Team work and service must be your passion for both our internal and external customers
Desired Education, Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
- Active CPA license a plus
- 3+ years’ experience using SAP4/Hana a plus
- 3+ years of management experience
- 3+ years’ work experience in public accounting a plus.
- 10+ years overall accounting experience in roles with increasing responsibility, in the life sciences industry a plus
- Thorough knowledge of financial performance drivers, accounting principles, procedures and systems with a solid understanding of accounting, tax, treasury, cash flow, and internal control
- The ability to thrive in a changing environment and be able to work with senior management to influence decision making, work independently and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines.
- Exceptional self-management ability and process improvement mindset.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.