Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are looking for a talented Principal, Scientist with a background in oligonucleotide chemistry that will help develop the world’s most massively parallel DNA synthesis technology. The ideal candidate will have experience working in a data-driven multidisciplinary environment and will interface with chemistry, engineering, silicon, and data analysis teams. The position will require independent planning, thinking and executing to develop the highest quality oligonucleotides with this new technology. Strong experimental skills as well as excellent communication skills are required.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Designing and executing methodologies for a new massively parallel oligonucleotide synthesis technology
- Analyzing and interpreting data that will lead to method and device improvements
- Working with a team of talented, passionate, driven, interdisciplinary scientists and engineers
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Ph.D. in chemistry with at least 3-5 years industrial experience
- Expertise in Nucleic Acids chemistry with a focus on the chemical synthesis of oligonucleotides
- Expertise in the characterization of oligonucleotides by mass spectrometry, electrophoresis, sequencing, Tm, CD, fluorescence hybridization, etc.
- Expertise in all modern organic synthesis methodology as well as all characterization techniques
- Out of the box thinking with strong data analysis skills
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Analyzing complex experimental data using python, Matlab, R, etc would be an asset
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.