We are seeking candidates interested in working for an exciting start-up company. This is an ideal opportunity for individuals who thrive in a changing environment and enjoy supporting and delivering world-class products that meet both external and internal customer needs.
The QC Associate will be responsible for the implementation and continuous improvement of QC methods in the production laboratory. He/she will work closely with the operations team to monitor the quality of Twist DNA products utilizing quantitative measurements, fragment analysis, NGS sequencing, etc. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated capability of making data driven decisions in a high throughput environment to assure that all products processed, packaged, stored, and distributed are manufactured in compliance with all Regulatory, Customer, and Twist requirements. In this position you will report to the QC manager.
- Review and release products based on established QC metrics
- Monitor QC data
- Investigate product/process/quality issues
- Review of CAPAs, process deviations, root cause analysis
- Preparation of product and process quality reports by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information and trends
- Product quality documentation
- BS in Biochemistry, Chemistry, Molecular Biology or related field
- 1+ years industrial experience in Operations/QC
- Knowledge of/experience with Quality Control and Quality Assurance principles, including GMP/ISO
- Knowledge of molecular biology techniques such as PCR, Cloning & Sequencing
- Knowledge of analytical techniques such as spectroscopy, gel electrophoresis, etc.
- Experience with automated robotic systems and LIMS systems
- Proven ability to troubleshoot complex problems
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
This position is in SSF: shift will begin Mon-Fri 9a-5pm then transition to a 4 day a week 10-hour shift
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is synthetic DNA. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, such as oligonucleotides, genes, pathways, chassis and genomes. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production. The Twist Bioscience platform has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of personalized medicine, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production as well as new applications such as in vivo diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.
Twist Bioscience is an equal opportunity employer.