What You’ll Be Doing
In this role, you will partner with Sales and Marketing leadership to deliver rapid, profitable growth and optimally allocate Sales and Marketing resources to drive that growth. You will supply revenue analysis and budget versus actual expense analysis to support fast closes and make management information rapidly available. You will partner cross-functionally (e.g., Sales, Product Marketing, Operations) to provide insight regarding the profitability of individual product lines, market sizes, prioritize new products, and create pricing and product positioning strategies to drive profitable growth. As required, you will provide tools, financial data, and insight to support negotiation of large commercial agreements with customers, distributors, and key suppliers to sales and marketing. You will put in place the KPIs and reports to make good decisions, accelerate growth, and ensure the profitability of Twist and its key product lines. You will also will work with sales to design affordable incentive compensation and commission plans that motivate the right behaviors.
- Complete Bookings, billings, backlog, customer and revenue analysis for month end reporting.
- Prepare expense variance analysis of Sales and Marketing group to support month close, working closely with the accounting group to understand expenses and book accruals.
- Prepare deal analysis on new contracts for profitability and ROI.
- Prepare order, revenue, and commercial operating group plans and forecasts and monitor performance to goals.
- Prepare monthly demand and revenue forecasts for each product.
- Partner with commercial leadership:
- Set pricing, incentive compensation, and customer policies and controls.
- Aid in commercial negotiations and pricing decisions.
- Support key commercial projects and initiatives.
- Help in the design and implementation of business processes and procedures to scale commercial operations and create a great customer experience.
- Define and implement KPI’s for revenue, growth, pricing, and margins; construct interactive dashboards to drive information access and improved decision making.
- Provide financial rigor in the selection and prioritization of product roadmap initiatives and definition of target markets, focusing on the Synbio product line specifically.
- Support public filings (10k’s & 10Qs) with revenue foot note and MD&A disclosure data
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Must have skills
- Bachelor’s degree (ideally in business, finance, or related field)
- At least five years progressive finance and accounting experience with direct experience supporting sales, marketing, and customer service type operations.
- Working understanding of GAAP and revenue recognition principles.
- Experience evaluating market opportunities and applying the finance tool box to evaluate product development priorities, price products, and negotiate commercial agreements.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, including in front of colleagues and prospective customers.
- Nice to have skills
- Experience with product line and product roadmap management principles.
- High business and commercial contract acumen including experience negotiating commercial agreements.
- Experience in biotech. Medical device, and/or life science companies
- Familiarity with budgets, planning, and management reporting practices.
- Manufacturing experience.
- High aptitude with Excel and decision modeling within excel.
- Ability to manage people and teams directly and through a matrixed environment.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.