The Account Manager is responsible for delivering revenue and driving growth in their territory for Twist Bioscience gene synthesis products. The individual is accountable for delivering accurate revenue forecasts throughout the fiscal year, enabling the executive team to monitor business performance and drive decision making. The individual is required to maintain knowledge of competitor products and their commercial strategies, identifying and escalating their activities in a time bound manner. The individual is also accountable for providing customer feedback on Twist Bioscience products in addition to identifying unmet customer needs that will enable the development of new and innovative products.
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Attain quarterly and annual revenue targets established from annual commission plans.
- Deliver accurate and timely forecasts for their territory.
- Develop and manage key relationships with new and existing customers at multiple organizational levels.
- Develop contingency and risk mitigation plans for their region as necessary.
- Develop and execute supply agreements to support new and existing business.
- Work collaboratively with operations to minimize time to revenue.
- Maintain CRM database with up to date information
- Represent the company at relevant tradeshows.
- Maintain and raise awareness of the competitive landscape, provide customer feedback and introduce new product ideas to internal partners.
- Additional duties as assigned.
- Proven track record of delivering financial targets on a quarterly and annual basis
- At least 2-5 years of experience of selling life science reagents and solutions. Knowledge of synthetic biology products and markets preferred.
- Business to business experience preferred, in particular selling to pharma, chemical and/or Agbio organizations.
- Demonstrated technical knowledge of synthetic biology applications utilizing synthetic genes, pathways and organisms a necessity.
- A background in technical sales and support or product management is preferred.
- Salesforce experience required
- Demonstrated drive determination and self-motivation resulting in consistent achievement of financial results.
- Demonstrated scientific problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated technical depth in synthetic biology applications and workflows.
- Positive external and internal relationship management skills.
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Proven ability to thrive in a start-up/ change oriented environment.
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four year College or university preferred in Biology or similar field.
About Twist Bioscience
At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is accelerating science and innovation by leveraging the power of scale. We have developed a proprietary semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well high throughput silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, including genes, oligonucleotide pools and variant libraries. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production, which in turn, expedites the design, build, test cycle to enable personalized medicines, pharmaceuticals, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production, diagnostics, biodetection and data storage. For more information, please visit www.twistbioscience.com. Twist Bioscience is on Twitter. Sign up to follow our Twitter feed @TwistBioscience at https://twitter.com/TwistBioscience.