The Product Manager will develop multi-generational product strategies and guide planning for future positioning, growth, and development of disruptive advancements in synthetic biology. This includes assessing and prioritizing customer and market requirements, working with strategic collaborators, research & development, operations and the wider commercial team to deliver truly innovative products. The product manager is ultimately responsible for revenue, margin, customer satisfaction, and market share objectives.
What You’ll Be Doing
- In collaboration with the commercial team, the product manager will own and be responsible for growing the synthetic biology product portfolio
- Work closely with customers and strategic partners to gather input to develop disruptive new products
- Develop detailed product strategy and roadmaps to meet company financial and strategic objectives
- Build business plans and strategy for the application area that includes opportunity assessment, positioning strategy, financial analysis, and required tactical plans to support successful product adoption
- Deliver on an ongoing basis the product requirements with associated prioritization, metrics, and supporting analysis
- Work very closely with development teams to ensure successful implementation of product requirements and drive product development to commercial launch
- Perform ongoing competitive and market analyses
- Train the sales teams and support selling activities as appropriate, including the development of sales tools and collateral
- Create content collateral and product messaging to convey the value proposition to target markets
- Provide input to partnership opportunity assessments
- Manage collaborations with key partners and customers to rapidly develop innovative gene synthesis solutions and support broader product adoption
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Track record of success defining and launching products in the research tools marketplace with a deep knowledge of synthetic DNA preferred
- Must speak DNA
- Understanding of gene synthesis technologies, workflows including current and future applications
- Proven ability to influence cross-functional teams, and to work effectively with customers, development, and sales teams
- A successful candidate will have both molecular biology and product management experience
- Demonstrated track record of managing high profile collaborations that deliver successful products
- Experience with building product roadmaps and product life cycle management
- Experience with financial modeling and data analysis skills. Ability to build and analyze models to forecast and track results
- 3-6 years of relevant work experience in the life sciences or a related field, with at least 5 years in product management and/or product marketing positions
- Degree in molecular biology, genetics or associated scientific field required.
- Outstanding leadership, teamwork, and communication skills
- Hands on, high energy, proactive attitude
- Ability to travel up to 20% both domestically and internationally
- PhD and/or MBA is a plus
- Experience of working with DNA synthesis
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.