You will be responsible for supervising a team of Customer Support Specialists to ensure that we consistently deliver world-class support to our customers and differentiate Twist Bioscience as a biotech industry leader. Specifically, you’ll supervise one or more Specialists and ensure your team has the necessary skills, tools and training to effectively respond to and resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 inquiries from customers as well as internal stakeholders. You’ll also leverage your knowledge of Twist’s business to help improve the efficiency and effectiveness of Customer Support’s response processes. Your goal is to lead your team to achieve high customer satisfaction scores, drive loyalty to our products, and reinforce the quality of the Twist brand.
- Supervise one or more specialists and ensure they have the skills and tools necessary to onboard customer vectors and resolve Tier 1 and Tier 2 inquiries received via chat, email, and phone.
- Serve as subject matter expert for onboarding custom vectors.
- Set up processes to validate the accuracy of custom vector onboarding. Provide guidance to resolve errors through ongoing coaching.
- Consistently review the performance of your direct reports and hold them accountable for achieving custom vector onboarding TAT (turnaround time), inquiry response and customer satisfaction metrics.
- Update standard operating procedures to reflect latest custom vector onboarding and Tier 1/Tier 2 response practices.
- Partner with Quality Assurance colleague to develop an assessment rubric that you will use to assess quality and adherence to correct response protocols.
- Create and deliver training curriculum that teaches new specialists how to onboard customer vectors and respond to Tier 1/Tier 2 inquiries.
- Deliver ongoing briefings and training to ensure specialists stay up to date on latest department policies and procedures.
- Document and quantify time required to onboard custom vectors and Tier 1/Tier 2 inquiries to enable us to forecast appropriate staffing levels to accomplish workload and meet TAT/inquiry response metrics.
- Identify and document opportunities for process improvement.
- Provide development coaching to your direct reports to ensure they are set up for success and continue to grow and feel fulfilled in their roles.
- As the department grows, coordinate with other Customer Support supervisors through calibration sessions to ensure your team is aligned on quality and performance standards.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Life Sciences.
- 2+ years experience of customer support in a Life Science service organization or 2+ years experience working in a lab.
- 1+ years experience managing people.
- 1+ years experience hiring and training staff.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- High attention to detail.
- Able to multi-task, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Strong computer skills, knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite, G-Suite, CRM experience preferably Salesforce
- Knowledge of order management systems preferred
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.