As a Scientist of the R&D Bio/Chem team, the candidate will focus on:
- Design and perform experiment, collect and analyze the data for development of NGS products and applications
- Develop and optimize commercial kits and/or kit components including formulation and protocols
- Collaborate with bioinformaticists on deep dive on data analysis and interpretation
- PhD in Genetics, Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or a closely-related field with minimal 2 years of relevant industrial experience
- Must have strong background in NGS methods, products, and applications
- Prior experience in a NGS company or research lab and product development experience is preferred
- Must have hands-on experience with large-scale genomic methods (e.g. whole genome sequencing, exome-seq, target enrichment, RNA-seq, etc)
- Deep understanding with genome alignment, mapping, variant calling, and annotation
- Must have strong background in molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR/qPCR, enzymatic assays, and molecular cloning
- Experience with liquid handling systems and automation tools is highly desired
- Excellent documentation skills. Able to prepare documents including data summaries, technical and analytical reports, and transfer the procedures to manufacturing
- Excellent communication skills - able to present data effectively
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.