Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures for diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member of the R&D Bio/Chem team, the Scientist will collaborate with the R&D molecular biology team developing custom DNA-based applications and assays for synthetic biology including high-throughput gene synthesis, high-throughput cloning process, NGS-based QC, etc. The Scientist will work to develop novel process for high throughput DNA library construction for applications like protein engineering. This position will interact closely with internal groups like Library Production and Pharma to transfer processes and with Bioinformatics for data analysis pipelines.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Ph.D. or a M.S with 5+ years of lab experience in molecular biology or related field
- Must have strong background in molecular biology and DNA manipulation techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR/qPCR, enzymatic assays, and molecular cloning
- Experience with utilizing high-throughput synthesized oligo pools such as amplification, cloning, assembly, and characterization of oligo pools.
- Experience with building complex DNA constructs/libraries from various parts such as gene fragments, oligos, and oligo pools, using a variety of molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with Next-Gen Sequencing (NGS) including sample preparation and data analysis
- Experience in method development and implementation in an Operational environment.
- Excellent grasp of experimental design and data interpretation
- Excellent communication skills. Proficient in writing, and communicating in English. Able to present data effectively
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work
- Scripting/Programming: working knowledge of Python, R, SQL or equivalent.
- Experience manipulating large data sets
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.