At Twist Bioscience, our expertise is synthetic DNA. Twist has developed a proprietary innovative semiconductor-based synthetic DNA manufacturing process featuring a 10,000-well silicon platform capable of producing synthetic biology tools, such as oligonucleotides, genes, pathways, chassis and genomes. By synthesizing DNA on silicon instead of on traditional 96-well plastic plates, our platform overcomes the current inefficiencies of synthetic DNA production, and enables cost-effective, rapid, high-quality and high throughput synthetic gene production. The Twist Bioscience platform has the potential to greatly accelerate the development of personalized medicine, sustainable chemical production, improved agriculture production as well as new applications such as in vivo diagnostics, biodetection and data storage at an unprecedented density.
Since Twist’s DNA synthesis platform is highly proprietary and because the custom designed DNA from our customers often represent highly valuable Intellectual Property, information security at Twist is of utmost importance. With this context in mind, Twist is seeking a high-impact Information Security Manager who is passionate about information security and the security frameworks needed to enable a fast growing organization to scale at speed while maintaining the continuity, integrity and availability of Twist’s information assets.
As the Information Security and Compliance Manager, you will evaluate, design, and implement information security frameworks and capabilities in a fast paced, hands-on role that partners with stakeholders across Engineering, QA, IT, and Operations. You will also be responsible for leading Twist to its ISO27001 certification, and responding to audits and questionnaires from both customers and certifying bodies/auditors.
If you enjoy working in a fast-paced, highly collaborative environment and information security is in your DNA, then Twist is the place for you.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Implement the Information Security Program including security incident response, vulnerability management, data protection, and risk management
- Providing subject matter expertise in information security and identifying key security program elements
- Establishing and coordinating remediation and mitigation for identified security risks
- Maintaining security policies, standards, guidelines, processes and procedures to ensure the ongoing protection of information assets
- Ensuring technical security controls are in place, maintained and audited on a periodic basis
- Develop strategies and security initiatives to assess and improve physical, technical, and process safeguards and/or controls
- Design and implement public cloud security architectures particularly in AWS
- Design and implement controls based on the ISO27001 and SOX ITGC standards
- Deliver strategic and tactical security guidance for IT, Engineering, and DevOps initiatives
- Incorporate security reviews and processes into existing and proposed systems
- Bake security controls into Engineering and DevOps CI/CD pipelines (e.g., build automation and configuration management)
- Work with third party security partners including managed SOC providers, penetration testing and vulnerability assessment providers, external auditors, etc
- Ensure Twist is International Trade Compliant and meets the regulatory requirements of the local jurisdictions
- Ensure Twist’s biosecurity compliance
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering or a related field
- 5+ years of experience with Network Security, Application Security, encryption & cryptography
- Information Security certification required (CISM, CISSP, GIAC)
- Experience implementing the ISO27001 or NIST Cyber Security Framework standard required
- Experience with SOX ITGC and GDPR preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an emphasis on confidentiality, tact and diplomacy.
- Effectively delivers technical information to non-technical audiences and vice versa.
- Strong presentation skills with proven ability to successfully interface with and influence at all levels (executives and technical staff).
- A solid understanding of risk-based decision making and risk management frameworks
- Experience implementing “defense in depth” based security architectures
- Experience with implementing and leading incident response processes and procedures
- Biotech industry experience a plus
- Biosecurity experience a plus
- Global compliance experience a plus
- International Trade Compliance experience a plus
- Strong attention to detail
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Excellent communication skills including both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a team and independently
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.