The Customer and Technical Support Specialist, NGS, interfaces with and supports internal and external customers managing the process of order fulfillment and service operations. In addition, the work incorporates providing customer support to key accounts and being the single point of contact for specific accounts within the EMEA region. In this role, the specialist will build strong relationships with customers, and with cross-functional groups across the company. The position will specifically support Twist’s current product lines in NGS (exome kits, custom panels, and set panels).
- Creates and validates sales orders.
- Ensures internal data tracking systems are up to date.
- Handles product and order enquiries via phone, email, and chat with internal and external customers to provide direction or solution.
- Provides service to field commercial team creating quotes, inputting information and dealing with any questions/issues.
- Works to resolve any product or service issues by identifying the cause, collaborating with internal teams to resolve the issue and ensuring customer satisfaction with the outcome.
- Provides proactive status updates for designated accounts or orders in an agreed format.
- Collaborates with internal teams (production, shipping, R&D) to drive on time fulfillment of orders and resolution of issues to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of projects currently in the operations queue and provides updates to stakeholders on progress as necessary.
- Participates and assists in technical training sessions, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of B.S. in life science, biochemistry, molecular biology. Laboratory experience, preferably in an NGS environment, a positive.
- 5 + years of customer support in a Life Science Service Organization experience with strong focus on NGS.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English (German or French a plus) with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated track record of managing projects and meeting customer expectations.
- Proven ability to multitask working across multiple teams effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and G-Suite; experience with Salesforce and Enterprise Resource Planning software a plus.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals, and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.