The Customer Support Specialist, SynBio, interfaces with and supports internal and external customers managing the process of order fulfillment and service operations. In the role, the individual builds strong relationships with customers and serves as a coordinator between customers and cross-functional groups across the company. The position will specifically support Twist’s current product lines consisting of synthetic genes, oligo pools, and DNA libraries.
- Validates accuracy of sales orders entered by peers. Provides guidance to resolve errors or escalates to Manager for resolution of errors.
- Handles product and order inquiries via phone, email, and chat with internal and external customers to provide direction or solution.
- Provides information to assist customers in making a decision about which product to buy.
- Aides in sales quote generation for the field commercial team.
- Works to resolve product or service problems through:
- identifying the cause of the problem
- collaborating with the broader team as necessary to create and present solutions to the customer
- following up to ensure satisfactory resolution
- Collaborates with internal and commercial teams to drive on time fulfillment of orders and resolution of issues to meet or exceed customer expectations.
- Maintains up to date knowledge of projects currently in the operations queue and provides updates to stakeholders on progress as necessary.
- Participates and assists in technical training sessions, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Minimum of B.S. in life science, biochemistry, molecular biology.
- 5 + years of customer support in a Life Science Service Organization experience with strong focus on DNA. Knowledge in NGS is a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in writing and verbally in English (German or French a plus) with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Demonstrated ability to solve problems and work effectively in a team environment.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and G-Suite; experience with Salesforce and Enterprise Resource Planning software a plus.
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals, and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.