Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures for diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
What You’ll Be Doing
As a member of the R&D Bio/Chem team, the Scientist will operate within the R&D synthetic biology team developing custom DNA-based applications and assays for synthetic biology including high-throughput gene synthesis, high-throughput cloning process, NGS-based QC, etc. The Scientist will work closely with Process Development for implementation of processes developed by the R&D team, and work with Bioinformatics for data analysis pipelines. The ideal candidate would be equally comfortable with wet lab experimentation and computation.
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Ph.D. or a M.S with 5+ years of experience in molecular biology or related field
- Must have strong background in molecular biology techniques including DNA purification, DNA quantification, PCR/qPCR, enzymatic assays, and molecular cloning
- Experience with Next Gen Sequencing (NGS) and sample preparation for NGS
- Scripting/Programming: working knowledge of Python, R, SQL, or equivalent
- Strong data analysis skills
- Excellent grasp of experimental design and data interpretation
- Excellent communication skills. Proficient in writing, and communicating in English. Able to present data effectively
- Self-motivated and passionate about your work
- Synthetic biology technology and method development experience is highly desired
- Experience manipulating large data sets
- Experience with DNA synthesis
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.