The Scientific Technical Support Specialist will be responsible for providing best in class technical support and consultation to customers and Twist Bioscience’s field-based sales team. The position will specifically support Twist’s current product lines consisting of products for generating DNA libraries for Next Generation DNA Sequencing and Target Enrichment.
- Provide clear, accurate, and solutions-oriented technical support via phone, email, and/or live chat to customers and field sales teams.
- Ensure customer interactions promote Twist’s brand and create high customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Provide basic application support and perform troubleshooting for field sales teams and customers.
- Assist in the development and implementation of plans to improve technical services and capabilities while working towards corporate/individual revenue and customer allegiance goals.
- Effectively communicate competitive information and additional sales opportunities to Marketing and Field Sales.
- Provide feedback to Production personnel for product improvements.
- Track customer satisfaction and work to continually improve customer satisfaction.
- Facilitate and participate in customer complaint troubleshooting with the Development and Production teams and other technical experts.
- Participate and assist in technical training sessions, as needed.
- All other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ph.D preferred or Bachelor’s degree in Molecular Biology, Genetics, or related Life Sciences degree with 6 years of industry experience.
- Requires an in-depth knowledge of NGS DNA library preparation and Target Enrichment techniques; minimum of 3 years hands-on experience preparing DNA libraries for sequencing in research lab setting; experience with target enrichment and/or NGS data analysis a plus.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with a wide variety of people and have strong interpersonal skills.
- Excellent computer skills using Microsoft Office and G-Suite. experience with Salesforce and Enterprise Resource Planning software a plus.
- Experience providing remote technical support a plus.
- Flexible work hours are a requirement; this role supports different time zones.
- 6:00am – 3:00pm
- 8:00am – 5:00pm
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.