Job opportunity: Tech Lead Backend Engineer
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Using our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform, our customers are changing the world for the better.
In fields such as medicine, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, by using our synthetic DNA tools, our customers are developing ways to better lives and improve the sustainability of the planet. We are leading and rapidly growing synthetic biology company that has developed a disruptive DNA synthesis platform to industrialize the engineering of biology. The core of our platform is a proprietary technology that pioneers a new method of manufacturing synthetic DNA by “writing” DNA on a silicon chip.
At the Tel Aviv R&D center, we are building the software tools that enable genetic engineers to design and edit biological code. Consider DNA as the “machine code” of life, we build the IDE to design, compile and debug it.
What Will You Do
- Drive the design, implementation and management of the development of new features and scalable web services.
- Lead the technology aspect of a highly skilled engineers team developing the core software systems of the company.
- Guide peers and serve as a knowledge pillar
- Collaborate with the technical and product teams.
- Bring technology initiatives and pursue them proactively
- 5+ years of software development experience
- 3+ years experience designing and implementing restful APIs
- Demonstrated capability to provide depth and breadth technical leadership to agile teams.
- Proficiency in at least one of the following: Python, Ruby on Rails, NodeJS
- Experience in working with cloud computing and CI/CD tools
- Understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability; Solid knowledge of design patterns
- Ability to lead complex software projects