Twist is looking for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to serve as a primary technical field contact for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our Sales team. The FAS will function as a liaison between the customer and Twist. In this capacity he/ she is responsible for the pre- and post-sales technical support and market development activities for Twist’s Next Generation target enrichment product line. Prior experience with process development and manufacturing of complex biological products is essential to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams. This position can be remote, with travel requirements of up to 50%.
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offering with customers
- Provide application support for pre- and post- sales activities for Twist’s Next Generation target enrichment product line.
- Extensive local and regional travel (30-50% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers
- Provide high level technical support to the customer in discussing and design requirements and providing guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and Production.
- Network with customers and provide feed back to Product Management on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales and Product Management
- Keep abreast of all research development in the field and summarizing for the team
- 3-5 years commercial experience preferably in Pharma
- MS/PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein Engineering, or related field
- Strong technical knowledge of Next Generation sequencing
- Hands on experience with Next Generation sequencing library preparation and target enrichment
- A successful candidate will have both NGS and FAS experience
- Requires flexibility in working hours to support multiple time zones
- High attention to detail
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system a plus
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.