Reporting to the Inside Sales Manager, the Inside Sales Specialist is assigned to a geographic territory and responsible for lead generation and development, and management of transactional business. His/Her main duty will be to creatively develop and turn opportunities into orders, while partnering with Outside Sales Account Managers to maximize efforts in growing the company’s business. This position is both exciting and challenging, as you will be working with scientists in top-level academic institutions, biotechnology and pharma companies.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Effectively prospect to find and close new opportunities in existing and new accounts.
- Serve as the initial point of contact for pre-sales customer inquiries
- Manage the sales process for specific products, accounts and/or sales opportunities via phone and e-mail.
- Engage with existing customers and generating sales leads.
- Manage trade show leads and their respective qualifications.
- Prospect Outbound Leads
- Works well in team environment, partnering with field sales organization - Develop a joint plan and strategy to meet or exceed targets
- Route qualified opportunities to the appropriate sales executives for further development and closure
- Focus on strategic opportunities that can drive business in the long- and short-term (Retargeting, Dormant accounts)
- Close Sales and Achieve Quarterly Targets
- Work collaboratively with Marketing to drive product promotions and provide feedback
- Maintain a CRM database via updates to sales opportunities, sales stages, marketing statuses, and customer intelligence data.
- Answers incoming calls, places outbound calls, and responds to emails in a timely manner
- Attend Customer Meetings, Conferences, Tradeshows
Experience and Key Skills
- Genetics or Molecular Biology backgrounds
- Infectious “get it done” attitude with a strong desire to WIN
- Excels in a fast-paced, ambitious, and changing landscape
- Work with Salesforce.com or other CRM
- Inside Sales Experience
- Ability to travel up to 20%
- Solid analytical skills
- Ability to work cross-functionally to drive orders
- Strong attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree (B.A./B.S) from four year College or university preferred in Biology or Business similar field.