We are seeking an outstanding, innovative, and creative Research Associate to join our R&D team to develop world-class Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) Products. This Research Associate will play multiple roles within the R&D group and will work within a small team responsible for development of NGS Products and Technologies with an emphasis on library preparation and target enrichment applications.
- Apply Twist’s core technologies to develop and optimize commercial kits, kit components, and/or custom products for NGS Target Enrichment, including formulation and protocols.
- Develop and optimize protocols for commercial kits and/or kit components for NGS Library Preparation Products.
- Design and perform experiments, collect data, and analyze results.
- Support day-to-day operations, service, and troubleshooting for NGS equipment.
- Digital file creation and management for NGS experiments.
- Work collaboratively with first-in-class scientists under aggressive timelines.
- B.S. or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry, Chemical Engineering or a closely-related field.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team environment.
- Self-motivated and passionate about influencing the role that DNA sequencing will play in our day-to-day lives through product and technology development.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Meticulous attention to experimental planning, execution, and record keeping.
- Strong organization and scheduling skills.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Able to prepare electronic documents including data summaries with visualizations, technical reports, and present results effectively to lab members with diverse backgrounds.
- Direct lab experience with NGS Target Enrichment Workflows preferred (e.g., Agilent SureSelect, IDT xGen, etc.).
- Strong background in general Molecular Biology techniques and technologies, particularly those on DNA quantification, analysis and manipulation.
- Must have direct lab experience and background with Next Generation Sequencing Technology Platforms (e.g., Illumina, PacBio, Ion Torrent, etc.), including corresponding sample preparation techniques, preparation and management of digital files for sequencing runs, and day-to-day operation and troubleshooting of physical equipment.
- Proficiency with computation analysis programs (e.g., Excel, Tableau, R, Matlab, etc.).
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.