Programmable DNA, the software of Life, is finally here! Twist Bioscience is developing a disruptive Synthetic DNA technology that will change the world, enabling widespread health and sustainability. Synthetic biologists will use our products to engineer how organisms produce cures to diseases, make everyday chemicals by using the atmosphere as the carbon source, enable plants to make their own fertilizers, and to create in-vivo diagnostics that alert us when we are sick, and many more applications.
We are seeking an outstanding, innovative, and creative Director to join our antibody discovery effort. This director will play multiple roles within the Pharma group and will work within a team responsible for antibody discovery utilizing a number of in vitro display technologies, e.g. phage display, ribosome display, and yeast display.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Create a best in class cell-based assay team focused on GPCRs and offer exceptional scientific and technical leadership to peers and team members
- Oversee a team focused on generating target over-expressing GPCR cell lines and establishing and conducting GPCR functional assays for antibody discovery
- Design and execute antibody/protein drug discovery innovative strategies
- Manage workflow of drug discovery group to ensure quality, priorities, and timelines
- Contribute strategically to technology and product direction
- Work closely across disciplines and across multiple projects to support technology integration
- Offer scientific and technical leadership within your team and cross-functionally
Manage external collaborators and serve as a key scientific liaison with external organizations
- Work closely to incorporate new technologies into Twist Bioscience and support technology integration across teams
- Ensure operations are designed and sourced appropriately to enable us to achieve our ambitious goal
What You’ll Bring to the Team
- Expertise in understanding and assessing GPCR function through cell-based assays
- Experience in generating over-expressing cell lines using lentivirus and/or other technologies
- Strong background in cell culture, flow cytometry, and FACS sorting
- Your educational background includes a PhD in immunology, cell biology, biochemistry, or related discipline
- Ability to think outside the box is key
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant industry experience
- Experience leading a team of greater than 3 people
- You take pride in building state-of-the-art technology capabilities and staying on top of the latest developments in the field
- You thrive in a dynamic, quickly changing environment where we were work individually and on teams
- You have a point of view, value your independent thinking, and are low ego
- Ph.D. with outstanding GPCR-focused publication record
- Strong desire to work in a dynamic start-up environment is essential
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Strong organization skills and proficiency in computer skills including various databases
- Excellent oral/written communication and interpersonal skills a must
- Your research has been published in high-impact academic journals
- You demonstrate a track record of being strong interpersonally and with experience leading a group and overseeing multi-disciplinary projects
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.