We are seeking an outstanding, innovative, and creative Research Associate to join our Library Production team. This Research Associate will play multiple roles within the Library Production team and will work within a small team responsible for development of Antibody engineering and protein engineering products.
- Apply Twist’s core technologies to develop and optimize processes for library development and fabrication.
- Assist Operations Scientists in developing non-standard Operations workflows using manual and automated processes
- Work with Scientists to design and perform experiments, collect data, and analyze results.
- Fulfill orders for custom products that deviate from standard Operations workflows
- Prepare work instructions, QC reports and Collateral documents for Operation.
- Collaborate with Automation Engineers on the implementation of new processes into production
- Capture intermediates that fail pipeline processing, complete orders using established SOPs, troubleshoot failures, and determine new paths forward when the established pipeline methods fail.
- Independently plan and execute experiments
- Evaluate and support the implementation of new technologies
- Work collaboratively under aggressive timelines
- B.S. or M.S. in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Chemistry or closely-related field.
- 2-5 years of relevant experience in the field of molecular biology in a research or clinical environment.
- Strong background in general Molecular Biology techniques including enzymatic assays, DNA separation techniques (e.g., Agilent BioAnalyzer and/or TapeStation assays), DNA purification (e.g., SPRI purification), DNA quantification (e.g., Invitrogen Qubit assays), and PCR/qPCR.
- Excellent interpersonal skills. Respectful and open to others’ views; contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Self-motivated and passionate about delivering world-class library products.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with aggressive timelines.
- Meticulous attention to experimental planning, execution, and record keeping.
- Excellent documentation and communication skills. Able to prepare electronic documents including data summaries with visualizations, technical reports, and present results effectively to lab members with diverse backgrounds.
- Motivation to learn new scientific techniques and to work in a team environment is necessary
- Ability to multitask and thrive in a fast-paced and challenging environment
- Excellent problem-solving capabilities
- Extraordinary attention to detail and planning
- Proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
About Twist Bioscience
Twist Bioscience synthesizes genes from scratch, known as “writing” DNA. Just as children learn to both read and write, the next phase of development for the genomics revolution is the ability to write DNA.
At Twist Bioscience, we work in service of people who are changing the world for the better. In fields such as health care, agriculture, industrial chemicals and data storage, our unique silicon-based DNA Synthesis Platform provides precision at a scale that is otherwise unavailable to our customers.
Twist Bioscience Corporation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Twist Bioscience Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic characteristics, or any other category protected by law.
San Francisco applicants: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.