TWIST BIOSCIENCE CORPORATE OVERVIEW
Twist Bioscience Corp. is an innovative synthetic biology company founded in April 2013 and is headquartered in San Francisco, California. Twist is the first company to successfully marry small scale engineering with biology to commercialize silicon-based production of high fidelity and high quality synthetic DNA faster, cheaper and seamlessly. In a relatively short time since its foundation the company has established itself as market leader with 200 employees and $195M of raised capital to date.
Synthetic DNA has been used for more than five decades in a growing number of applications including drug development, vaccines and antibiotics, diagnostics, chemicals, agriculture and other industrial needs. It also has promise in novel applications like data storage. The company is keen to leverage its high-quality synthetic DNA platform to grow its market potential by vertical integration of some of these applications.
Twist is looking for a Field Application Scientist (FAS) to serve as a primary technical field contact for Twist’s customers and to be an integral part of our Sales team. The FAS will function as a liaison between the customer and Twist. In this capacity he/ she is responsible for the pre- and post-sales technical support and market development activities for Twist’s complex products including gene synthesis, custom DNA libraries, oligo pools, and NGS. Prior experience with process development and manufacturing of complex biological products is desired to enable translation of customer requirements to internal teams. This position will be based in Guangzhou, with travel requirements of up to 50%.
ROLE & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide expert understanding and strong technical competency in discussing Twist’s capabilities and product offering with customers
- Provide application support for pre- and post sales activities for Twist’s product portfolio primarily NGS Target Enrichment to help support the sales team to achieve APAC quota
- Extensive local and regional travel (30-50% time) to work in the field with Sales, attend meetings with key customers, provide training, and participate in trade shows
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to network and provide leads for the sales team
- Support sales team in technical discussions, presentations, and meetings with customers
- Provide high level technical support to the customer in discussing and design requirements and providing guidance or input on experiments related to use of Twist’s products
- Liaise between customer, sales team, product management, and other internal teams including R&D and Production.
- Network with customers and provide feed back to Product Marketing on customer requirements for new applications or products
- Keep informed of competitive market information at industry seminars, trade shows, and conferences and provide reports on trends to Sales and Product Management
- Keep abreast of all research development in the field and summarizing for the team
- 3-5 years commercial experience preferably working with NGS products
- MS/PhD in Molecular Biology, Biochemistry, Protein engineering, or related field
- Strong technical knowledge of NGS applications
- Advanced knowledge of, and practical experience in biotechnology product development
- High attention to detail
- High self-motivation and must have demonstrated ability to work in collaborative team environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Experience of customer support and use of CRM system a plus